Another competition with high standards and recognition for the expertise of all champions is Thailand’s International Culinary Cup or TICC, arranged by Informa and Thailand Chefs Association. This year’s TICC 2023, the 29th of this event, was held at Queen Sirikit National Convention Center during 23-26 August 2023.
In this competitive stage, there were culinary and fruit carving competitions that Department of Culinary & Academic Competitions under Student Development Center, Dusit Thani College, an outstanding educational institution in hospitality education under Dusit International, sent 16 students from Culinary Arts and Kitchen Management Program to compete in. It was graciously proud that all of them bagged home awards.
In individual competitions, coached by Mr. Apisit Jitprasong, students who won the competitions are as follows:
- Mr. Phisit Wongtheerachawalit, receiving a gold medal and the winner trophy from Modern Thai Cuisine Competition: Individual
- Mr. Gan Pinvanichkul, receiving a gold medal and the winner trophy from Duck Main Course Competition by BR Group: Individual
- Ms. Phattharaphon Phooltuayad, receiving a gold medal and the winner trophy from Free Style Main Course Cooking Contest: Individual
- Mr. Sittha Bualoylert, receiving a silver medal from Duck Main Course Competition by BR Group: Individual
- Mr. Pawarit Kumpluk, receiving a bronze medal from Duck Main Course Competition by BR Group: Individual
- Mr. Tanatat Dankuntud, receiving a bronze medal from Duck Main Course Competition by BR Group: Individual
- Ms. Ornsinee Prapassuwan, receiving a bronze medal from Free Style Main Course Cooking Contest: Individual
Moreover, in the trio competition program Fruit & Vegetable Carving Live: Team of 3, the college sent 3 teams, coached by Ajarn Pawana Chanmala and Ajarn Wimon Ounphet, to join and every team won awards as listed below:
- Team 1 – Mr. Nonthawat Phakdipol, Mr. Supakit Muanchamnan, and Ms. Natcha Saelao – receiving a bronze medal
- Team 2 – Mr. Wana Saengduangdee, Mr. Pasit Jongkit, and Mr. Natdanai Pruetthisukniran – receiving a bronze medal
- Team 3 – Ajarn Piyawit Tantiwet, Ms. Piyaporn Thaechawannaset, and Mr. Sittisup Manorat – receiving a bronze medal
These successes resonate the dedication of Dusit Thani College students and instructors as well as guarantee that Dusit Thani College students possess competencies in accordance to the expertise of their educational institution which specializes in hospitality businesses, culinary arts, and related fields.