Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
A: As tourism grows, the demand for a qualified and skilled workforce increases, along with the number of high-level jobs available. The sector is broad and varied, requiring diverse skill sets in a range of roles in hotels and resorts, spas, MICE and events, restaurants and airlines. Why in Thailand? One of the most popular travel destinations in the world, Thailand boasts a unique culture of hospitality. Its diverse and fascinating landscapes and food make it the ideal place to develop a career in the service industry.
A: We recognize the need in the industry for well trained professionals and, as part of the Dusit Group, we’re uniquely placed to provide both the expertise and the opportunity for practical experience. Whether you study to degree level or take part in our short courses, you’ll learn from the hospitality industry’s finest, building your skills through theoretical study and practical application at our affiliated hotel, Dusit Princess Srinakarin, which is located next to the college.
A: There are two international bachelor’s degree programs offering at DTC:
- Bachelor of Business Administration (B.B.A) in Hotel and Resort Management, certifed by École hôtelière de Lausanne
- Bachelor of Business Administration (B.B.A) in Professional Culinary Arts, which is jointly certifed by Le Cordon Bleu
Apart from international programs, there are three bachelor’s degree programs and a master’s degree program available as Thai programs. Please see https://dtc.ac.th.app/en/bachelors-degree/
A: DTC Bangkok campus is located in a very convenient location on Srinakarin Road, 15-minute drive from Suvarnabhumi International Airport (Bangkok International Airport). The campus is right next to the shopping mall ‘Seacon Square’ where students can find many retail stores, shops, cinemas and restaurants and our affiliated hotel, Dusit Princess Srinakarin.
1. Academic Qualifications – The required academic qualification is completion of high school/ upper secondary school (or equivalent), which is generally obtained after 12 years of education. Accepted qualifications include:
- IGCSE/ GCSE, GOE O-level with no less than 5 subjects with no less than C grade.
- Test of General Educational Development (GED) with “Pass” status (4 subjects)
- IB certificate & IB Diploma is accepted for acceptant conditions
- Grade 12 with graduation certificate or diploma
- Students who hold a different qualification are recommended to contact the college to check their eligibility.
2. Proficiency Qualification – English and Mathematics (meriting but not required). Either of following test results are accepted:
- IELTS score of at least 5.5
- TOEFL score of at least 500 (iBT 61, CBT 173)
- SAT Evidence based reading & writing ≥ 500 and SAT Mathematics ≥500
Ps.In case students don’t have any of these scores, the students will be required to take our placement test (English and Mathematics) and interview.
A: Dusit Thani College (DTC) provides eligible applicants with financial aid through its scholarship program to both Thai and international students. Scholarships are awarded based on an applicant’s financial needs and demonstrated academic excellence and talent.
‘Dusit International Scholarship’ – waiver of full tuition fees (100% Scholarship) and fixed monthly allowance.
- Available only for those students who are citizens and resident in a country that has a hotel managed by Dusit International.
- Available only for BBA in Hotel and Resort Management (with the academic certification of École Hôtelière de Lausanne)
‘ASEAN Scholarship’ – waiver of partial tuition fees (25%)
- Available only for those students who are citizens of ASEAN countries.
- Available for 2 international programs
- BBA in Hotel and Resort Management (with the academic certification of École Hôtelière de Lausanne)
- BBA in Professional Culinary Arts (a joint degree with Le Cordon Bleu)
For more information about scholarship for international students, please see https://dtc.ac.th/en/scholarship/
- Directly apply at the college
Admission department at Dusit Thani College (DTC) opens between Monday – Saturday from 08.30 – 17.30 hours. To arrange an appointment before visiting the site. Please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Apply online on our DTC website: https://dtc.ac.th.app/en/apply-international-program-step/
- Apply via Email
Students can fill the admission application form and send it along with personal document via email at email@example.com
A: There are 2 academic semesters which students can start – Semester 1 in August and Semester 2 in January every year. Students are recommended to apply at least two months before the semester starts.
A: A non-immigrant “ED” visa must be obtained before leaving your home country from any Royal Thai Embassy or Consulate. The initial visa will be valid for 90 days only. After arriving in Thailand, successfully registering for courses and starting classes, students are eligible to extend their visas. Within thirty days prior to the expiration date of this visa, students should be able to have the visa extended for a one-year period and converted to a student visa.
A: Dusit Thani College (DTC) does not provide any on-campus dormitories/lodges. However DTC is located in a convenient location, next to our hotel ‘Dusit Princess Srinakarin Hotel’ and the shopping mall ‘Seacon Square Srinakarin’. There are several residential apartments in the area within walking distance to our campus. For more information about accommodations – please see…….
A: We estimate that if for a person living as a single, $ 6,000 – $ 8,400 per year is required to cover living expenses in Bangkok, Thailand. Depending on your lifestyle, this amount may be sufficient to cover accommodation, food, transportation, clothing, stationery, entertainment, telephone, electricity and other incidental expenses.
There are several forms of public transport serving the city. The closet Airport Rail Link stattion from our college is Hua Mak Station. The BTS Sky Train is an efficient and convenient way to navigate around the inner city, at a cost low enough to relax and enjoy the ride. The nearest BTS station to the college is On-Nut station where you can go by taxi. The city’s subway system, or MRT, connects many of the top tourist attractions and business districts. The MRT Subway has transfer points with the BTS Sky Train at Sukhumvit/Asoke, Silom/SalaDaeng, and Chatuchak Park/Mo Chit. It also services the Bangkok HuaLumphong Train Station.
Taxis are cheap and fares start at 35 Baht. There are enough taxis available everywhere. At night time, taxis are the most convenient, as the Skytrain and Subway do not operate after midnight. Be aware that you can get stuck in some major traffic jams during morning and evening rush hours,
There are other forms of transportation in Bangkok including Tuktuk, boats, public buses and motorcycle taxis available.