Alumni learning experiences and how to use them
Khun Phattra Choovichian (Pump)
Alumni: Hotel Management (International Program)
Position: Rooms Division Manager, Novotel Bangkok on Siam Square
- Tell us about your educational background and about study at Dusit Thani College
- 2007 to 2009 Master of Arts in International Tourism and Hotel Management, Thailand
- 2007 to 2009 Master of International Tourism and Hotel Management, Southern Cross University, Australia
- 2002 to 2006 Bachelor Business Administration (Hotel Management International Program) Dusit Thani College Thailand
My life during Bachelor’s degree at Dusit Thani was a big changed and challenged for me since I been studied in Thai school booth primary and high school.
Most of my classmate was graduated from international school, to catch them up, I always sat on the front row in every single the class but my score still not that good as them, luckily, they were such a good friend and I also have the best instructor who always support and help, they gave an advice and ready to answer to all my questions. I worked and studied hard but in the same time I played harder too, there were a lot activity to join such as spot day, cooking and business planning competition which made my life in college more fun.
- Please share your work experience
I been working as hotelier since year 2011 at Novotel Bangkok Platinum, my first position was Front office coordinator and my last position before moving to Novotel Bangkok on Siam Square was Front office Manager. I started working at Novotel Bangkok on Siam in 2018 until now, my current position is Rooms Division Manager. It almost 10 years that I worked in hospitality industry. I am very happy in every single day I work because I do what I love not love what I do.
- What is your message to everyone who has a passion for the Hospitality Industry
Bachelor Business Administration at Dusit Thani College gave me a lot of knowledge, skill and connection, I got my soulmate when I was studied here and now we have 2 lovely children together. He is now Major (พันตรี ธีรเมศ ชูวิเชียร) in Royal Thai Army, He is analyst, interpreter and handling VIP’s visitor who come for militarily business. So this can proved that you can work anywhere not only in the hotel, just adapting and applying your knowledge with it.